Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Charles Schwab Brand Wins Top Honors

The "Talk to Chuck" campaign won top honors at the Advertising Research Foundation's Ogilvy Awards in New York yesterday. While I hated these commercials, it appears they did something for the brand.

Here is the link to the article:http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003572992

These advertisements definitely were going to do well with brand recall because of the animation used. They outlined an actual person speaking about their investments and then turned that person into an animation. You would see this ad across the room and know it was about Charles Schwab without hearing the sound.

These commercials completely turned me off. I did not like them at all. Every time they came on I changed the channel. They were sarcastic, rude, and didn't make a connection with me. Especially the lady who sat in her kitchen and went over her different fees. Don't get me started.

I believe this was the first ad that aired:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj2oqI8w1gA

Congratulations to Charles Schwab and their agency for creating success.

No comments: